LIKES AND DISLIKES:
HATE-DISLIKE-DON’T LIKE-DON’T MIND-LIKE-ENJOY-LOVE
USE THESE VERBS TO DESCRIBE YOUR OPINION ABOUT THESE ACTIVITIES:
FIND SOMEONE WHO: Ask people these questions. When you get a positive answer, ask a follow-up question to get more information.
Eg. A. Do you like cooking?
B. Yes, I do.
A. What do you like cooking? (This is the follow-up question)
B. I like cooking Chinese food.
|WRITE THE NAME OF THE PERSON…||WRITE THE ANSWER TO THE FOLLOW UP QUESTION|
|1. ________________ enjoys cooking. What…?
2. ________________ doesn’t enjoy cleaning. How often…?
3. ________________ loves listening to music. What kind…?
4. ________________ doesn’t mind studying English.
5. ________________ doesn’t like driving.
6. ________________ likes pizza.
7. ________________ hates pizza.
8. ________________ loves animals.
9. ________________ really enjoys watching watch TV.
10. _______________ really dislikes watching TV. How often…?
11. _______________ likes his or her job. Why…?
12. _______________ loves going to the gym or doing exercise.
COMPARISONS – COMPARE THE FOLLOWING PAIRS OF OBJECTS: USE AS/AS or NOT AS/ AS
tasty expensive interesting big bad for you wealthy attractive
necessary friendly strong warm accurate cold useful
|1. milk||cheese||3. café||restaurant|
|2. computer||television||4. umbrella||sunshade|
|5. coffee||tea||6. doctor||dentist|
|7. moustache||beard||8. cooker||fridge|
|9. horse||dog||10. beer||whisky|
|11. sock||stocking||12. wristwatch||egg-timer|
|13. ice||snow||14. dictionary||encyclopaedia|
|215. chemist||pharmacist||16. record||compact disk|
VOCAB – HOME DECORATION, ROOMS
IN A HOUSE: DESCRIPTIONS have got/there is
- Do you like your hometown? Why or why not?
- How many TV channels do you get at home?
- Does anyone famous come from your hometown?
- Does your hometown have any festivals? What happens at that festival?
- Is your hometown famous for anything?
- Where is your hometown?
- What is the best thing about your hometown?
- What is the worst thing about your hometown?
- What’s there to do in your hometown?
- When is the best time to come to your hometown?
- What is the geography of your hometown? (i.e. beach, mountains, etc.)
- What are the main attractions in your hometown?
- Tell me why I should visit your hometown.
- What interesting city lies to the north, south, east, west of your hometown?
- Does your hometown have a college or university?
- Does your hometown have a shopping mall shopping?
- Where is the best place to get a reasonably priced, but delicious meal in your hometown?
TALK ABOUT YOUR HOUSE
- What does the outside of your house look like?
- Where do you park your car at your house
- Do you like the place where you are living? Why or why not?
- How long have you lived where you are living now?
- How many different homes have you lived in?
- Which one did you like the best? Why?
- Which one did you like the least? Why?
- How many rooms are there in your house?
- What do you like about your home? What don’t you like?
- Which room do you spend the least time in? Describe this room.
- Which room do you spend the most time in? Describe this room.
- Who are your neighbours?
- Who lives with you? / Who do you live with?
- What would you like to change in your house?
- What is the color of your front door?
- Do you like to keep pets in your home?
- Are there any parks near your home?
- How important is security? How do you make a house secure?
- Which are the advantages and disadvantages of living in a small house/flat/apartment? And living in a big one?
- Do you have a mini swimming pool in your home?
- A basket ball court
- A ping pong table?
DESCRIBE YOUR DREAM HOUSE
SEE BBC VIDEOS